Friday, March 9, 2012

Today: Something Told

I have always been a self-professed music lover and enjoy sharing music I like with my friends, which is the main reason I started this blog. Writing about music almost everyday has caused me to think more deeply about why I like certain types of music and why I dislike others.

I have always been partial to lyrics. I like songs I can sing along with. I like songs that tell stories and have interesting harmonies. Because I grew up singing but never excelled at playing instruments I think I connect with lyrics more than the instrumentation of a song.

I also think that music taste is largely environmental. There are many songs I like because of where I first heard them and who I was with. Listening to those songs again evoke the same feelings as when I originally like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment