Monday, March 5, 2012

Today: Something Old

I was reminded today of my love for Josh Ritter. He's not classic rock like I usually have in my "Something Old" post. I'm not recommending brand new music here but but come back tomorrow to check out his new EP, "Bringing In the Darlings." I've seen Josh twice in concert and he is amazing live. He has so much energy and his lyrics are incredibly descriptive and poetic.



One of Josh Ritter's coolest songs is "The Temptation of Adam" off his 2007 record, "The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter." It's not even my favorite of his, which would have to be the beautiful "Bone of Song" off "Hello Starling" (2003), but it is such a cool way to tell a really compelling story through song. I love songs that can surprise me. This video is great, too, because it shows what Josh does best. Simple, so as to not detract from his amazing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment