Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today: Something New

Alright, another record rec. I've been loving on "Never Trust a Happy Song" by Grouplove for the past few months. This is more happy music with driving pop beats and catchy hooks. Singer, Christian Zucconi, has a great voice for the indie rock sound, rough but pleasant.

In true hipster spirit, I'm recommending two songs that are not listed on the "Top Songs on iTunes" from the record.

"Cruel and Beautiful World" is a little more melancholy that the rest of the record but I love the guitar/banjo combo with Zucconi's voice, especially the harmonies and when he opens up on the chorus.


My other recommendation is "Love Will Save Your Soul." This song has a lot more energy than "Cruel and Beautiful World," but the harmonies remain precise and beautiful. And I'm a sucker for echoing, so the verses of this song are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment