Thursday, June 14, 2012

Today: Something New

I've posted about Ed Sheeran before. He's one of my favorite artists right now. His new album "+" was released in the USA this week.



This song is free on itunes this week and was previously released on an EP last year, which means there is a chance that this will be his first venture into real mainstream popularity (he's already had success in Britain). But for good reason. "The A Team" is incredibly catchy and the melody is so simple and soft-spoken, but I love alternating chord jumps. I also really love that you can still hear his accent.



I think this song is beautiful. The guitar and the piano alternate with the melody. And his voice is beautiful singing about "Autumn Leaves." I love how the song just floats away at the end.

My other favorites are "Lego House" and "Sunburn." Also check out "U.N.I." and "Gold Rush" for his faster songs; it's almost like he's rap-singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment