Thursday, February 23, 2012

Today: Something New

This is an addendum to my post last Friday about fun.'s new album, "Some Nights." I want to reiterate how great this wholealbum is. I think you should check out the record from the beginning to end. I get flavors of Queen and Panic At the Disco with their drama and showmanship. I hope I get to see them in concert while they tour this record. So I'm going to share a couple more songs off the album.



The title track, "Some Nights," is a rousing, boisterous party of a song. It wavers between a loud African-beat inspired chorus and the singular auto-tuned voice of front-man, Nate Ruess. I'm not usually a fan of auto-tune but fun. seems to be utilizing the specific sound for a specific purpose here. I could sing along with the "ohs" all day long.



Where "Some Nights" had an African feel, "Carry On" has some Irish influence. The strings combined with the accordion is amazing. Another loud, boisterous song but so different from their other ventures.

This album has solidified me as a fun. fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment